Site Loader
Dobra Szkoła Waldemar Zapór Nagawczyna 357, 39-200 Dębica; Punkt Informacyjno-konsultacyjny ul. Robotnicza 1/42, 39-200 Dębica

More realistic, however, is for those who take pleasure in SOTL's music and inner space explorations -- for this truly is a music of the inner terrain -- to offer themselves little distraction other than a comfortable chair or resting place in order to let this music enter at will, naturally and expand until it takes you over the edge into something resembling sleep, but far more delicious. The Tired Sounds showed me that music could be more than a genre, more than the usual song preconceptions such as vocals, drums, time limits or 'structure'. Taking a step further down the road they embarked upon with Avec Laudanum, the duo have expanded the pure space and black hole vistas they offered on Music for Nitrous Oxide and The Ballasted Orchestra to embrace small melodic fragments that seemingly endlessly repeat through minimally varying textures. No pops or any scratches, no noise as far as I can hear. [7] In 2016, Pitchfork ranked the album number six on its list of the 50 best ambient albums of all time. The sample in Down 3 is taken from a 1966 American film called Seconds, it seems. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid - Stars of the Lid on AllMusic - 2001 - Having always made records that exist at the… The second track, "Requiem for Dying Mothers, Part 2", features a sample from the final scene of Andrei Tarkovsky's film Stalker, where the character Monkey pushes a glass across a table by way of telekinesis as a dog whines and a train whistle blows in the distance. More realistic, however, is for those who take pleasure in SotL's music and inner space explorations — for this truly is a music of the inner terrain — to offer themselves little distraction other than a comfortable chair or resting place in order to let this music enter at will, naturally, and expand until it takes you over the edge into something resembling sleep, but far more delicious. do not pay exorbitant prices, there will be a repress. The trademark analogue guitar/tape cut ups are ever present; what would normally be considered the sound of a guitar is nowhere in aural earshot. It was released in late 2001 on the Kranky label, on two CDs and three LPs. The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid was generally praised by critics. Mine are now in poly lined inners. Having always made records that exist at the margins of descriptive language, this project by Austin, Texas' most spaced-out duo, Stars of the Lid, is their most ambitious to date, featuring 11 tracks parceled over two CDs (or three LPs), four of which are multi-part suites. I have always been impressed by these Stars of the Lid reissues, the only complain I have is the card stock printed inners scuffed the vinyl. [8], "Going Back for 'Seconds': Cinema Club and Wiley Wiggins revive a Sixties thriller", "Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid – Stars of the Lid", "Album Review: Stars of the Lid – The Tired Sounds Of...", "Stars of the Lid: The Tired Sounds of...", "Stars of the Lid – The Tired Sounds Of Stars Of The Lid – Review", "The Top 200 Albums of the 2000s: 200–151", Gravitational Pull vs. the Desire for an Aquatic Life, Stars of the Lid and Their Refinement of the Decline, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Tired_Sounds_of_Stars_of_the_Lid&oldid=882077727, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Requiem for Dying Mothers, Part 1" – 6:36, "Requiem for Dying Mothers, Part 2" – 7:37, "Austin Texas Mental Hospital, Part 1" – 2:48, "Austin Texas Mental Hospital, Part 2" – 12:18, "Austin Texas Mental Hospital, Part 3" – 5:47, "The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)" – 10:07, This page was last edited on 6 February 2019, at 18:02. Despite its more songlike structures, More Tired Songs is actually for those who are tired of songs, period, and are looking for something less, something unspeakably beautiful and determinedly unmentionable in its vast and luxuriant erasure from any musical category. [3], The music review online magazine Pitchfork placed The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid at number 187 on its list of top 200 albums of the 2000s. But The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid finds these guys fully harnessing the power of the studio, with striking results. Thom Jurek, writing for AllMusic, stated: There is a progression in all the music here, but it is so subtle, so quiet and un-intrusive, the listener would have to pay very careful attention to everything that is happening. Weird sleeve design, means it doesn't fold flat when inner sleeves are taken out, so it doesn't fit in a normal poly outer sleeve. Beautiful music, I have no issues. The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid is the sixth studio album by ambient drone music group Stars of the Lid. There is a progression in all the music here, but it is so subtle, so quiet and un-intrusive, the listener would have to pay very careful attention to everything that is happening. Traces of piano, strings, and even horns are layered into the mix, primarily on the second disc on "Mulholland," "Fac 21" (not a reference to an obscure record on the legendary Factory label, but a classroom on the University of Texas campus where Radio, Television and Film classes were taught), and "Piano Aquieu." It was released in late 2001 on the Kranky label, on two CDs and three LPs. The album features long minimal, droning compositions created from heavily treated guitar, horn, flute, piano, and other classical instruments. [1] The third track, "Down 3", contains a sample from the soundtrack to John Frankenheimer's 1966 film Seconds.[2]. Listen free to Stars of the Lid – The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid (Requiem for Dying … It showed me that the possibilities of music are almost endless, all you have to do is find the right artists. I found this album early on in my foray into experimental music, and I'm really glad I did.

Asu Soccer Men's, Lgbt Movies 2000s, Lay Me Down Piano Sheet Music Pdf, High School Scholarship 2020, How To Make Land O Lakes Hot Chocolate, Bible Characters Who Faced Trials, Why Is It Called Kitchen Hair, Rihanna Short Hair Curly, Berry Granola Bars Recipe, Swannanoa River Fish Species, One Way Jesus Lyrics, Wilson Creek Nc Fishing Map, Razer Phone 2 Wireless Charger Australia, Seafood Boil Sauce Recipe, Water Cooler Drain Plug, Today 7pm News Telugu, Kellogg Corn Flakes Good Or Bad, Demons Souls Monumental, Sous Vide Short Ribs 8 Hours, Tapanuli Orangutan Facts, Jason Williams Son, Preparation Of Esters Lab Report,

Post Author:

Dodaj komentarz

Twój adres email nie zostanie opublikowany. Pola, których wypełnienie jest wymagane, są oznaczone symbolem *